9-1-1 What is your emergency?
"My external hard drive is not recognized!"
There are many reasons why your hard drive is not recognized by your computer. The reason for "hard drive not recognized" could simply be a loose cable or your hard drive has actually failed.
We would like to show you here in a simplified way how you can access your data and save a lot of time. But the main point is to save your data.
Problem: The disk structure is damaged and not readable!
The first thing to do is to determine whether the hard disk is sighted in the Disk Management.
Proceed as follows:
- Click "Start".
- When the "Start Directory" opens, right click on "Computer
- Select "Administration".
- Now the "Computer Management" window should open
- Select "Disk Management".
Now you should be able to determine if the hard disk is being viewed by the computer by looking at the name of the hard disk followed by a letter (E:).
If you see the hard disk but no letter like E: or F:, your computer has lost the structure.
- You should then right-click the external hard drive,
- then click on "Change drive letters and paths
- then click on "Add
- then click on "Assign the following drive letters
- then choose a letter for your drive
- then click on "OK
Now your drive should be recognized by the computer. If the renamed drive is not visible, go to "Cables and external enclosures".
Cables and External Enclosures
External hard drives are designed to transport data from one computer to another. However, after a certain period of time, the cables or connections may become damaged. If you are faced with a computer problem, look for the closest thing - the cable.
- Take a USB cable (or borrow one from a friend) and connect it to the external hard drive.
- Remove the hard drive from its original enclosure and connect it directly to the computer with a SATA or IDE connection.
- If the hard drive is detected, the problem was with the USB cable or external enclosure.
Your data is in danger!
1. What to do in case of data loss?
Several errors can cause data loss on your data carrier (hard disks, USB sticks, etc.). Data recovery from your defective hard disk requires technical understanding and practical know-how. In case of improper rescue attempts, your data may be lost forever.
We will gladly assist you in the rescue of your data. All you have to do is the following:
- Please contact us, gladly by telephone, and describe your problem
- Then fill out the contact form on our website and let us know your preferences
- Send us the defective data carrier by mail or bring it personally to our office
2. We can help you - Our services and prices at a glance!
a) Initial analysis
The speed of the initial analysis depends on the fare booked (basic or express analysis).
If you are not in such a hurry, then book the "Basic Analysis" when filling out the contact form and we will carry out the initial analysis for you free of charge within 5 working days. At this point we will only charge you the postage costs for the return of your data medium.
If you are interested in a faster presentation of the first analysis results and a clear idea of the data recovery effort based on these results, we recommend booking the "Express Analysis" for 100 EUR per device. Then you will usually have a clear idea of the data recovery options available the next working day.
b) Data recovery
After the first analysis we present you the result in writing and an estimate of the expected data recovery effort. You always remain the master of the procedure and decide whether you want to have the data recovery carried out or have your defective data medium returned.
The costs of the data recovery itself depend on the effort of the data recovery. We distinguish between the three service types "Standard" (349 EUR), "Clean Room" (650 EUR) and "Clean Room Plus" (950 EUR). Details can be found in the diagram below. Usually this step will be completed within 3 working days. Deviations from this may occur in times of high workload.
If you additionally book our express service for data recovery, we will devote our full attention to your request. For a surcharge of 50 percent of the offer price we will immediately start the data recovery on your devices and send you an overview of the recovered data as soon as possible, usually on the next working day.
Premium Data Recovery
The professional data recovery of affected hard disks is in many cases the only way to recover damaged or deleted data. This requires appropriate tools and above all years of experience and "know-how".
If you are looking for professional help to rescue your important data and files, then contact us!